Sunday 19 August 2012

Why I chose to talk on Women


The term feminism was not blatant to me. I studied sociology and there was a great deal of ‘woman’ in the quest of understanding society. But my aim by having this blog is not to go into the theoretical aspect of what the woman contributed to the society. I want to go deeper than that and open our minds to a new world where we can relate women to the pure essence of wits and beauty. Every single woman has inner and outer beauty. We just need to find it.

 Beauty just not in terms of appearance but in the personality as well. It is self confidence that we need.  What triggered this thought to me was Paulo Coelho’s quote-

 “If you act like a victim, you are likely to be treated as one” 

I want to outline that unless women show the willingness and the attitude that yes, we are the master of our life, it will not work. As I said earlier, I do not want to focus on the outer appearance but on how inner satisfaction and confidence lead to radiant smile and positive outlook over life. It is about grabbing opportunities that you think it might work for you, doing things that you feel at ease with, try new challenges and never to give up.

 What really inspired me to write about women is also that sense of sensuality and comfort that they bring. Think for yourself, what would be your life without your mother. I recently read that somewhere a home is not a home without a mother. Be it a mother, a sister, a daughter; all of these roles hold a special place in social relationships. It is not about feeling low about it; it is using it to your advantage, not in the wrong sense. There is nothing wrong in being cherished by your surroundings.

 I had the opportunity to read the biography of the deceased Indira Gandhi by Pupul Jayakar. Her life is an example of how she struggled in her life as a young girl and afterwards as a woman. She had to watch her family going to prison and she says that in her very childhood, she felt an enormous responsibility on her shoulders. She did not rely on her family to take care of herself; instead she had to be responsible for herself. All I want to say is that, I am happy for having this platform to inspire other girls or woman reading this to be proud of what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment